Monday, July 21, 2008

Where Eagles Dare





Well, I finally made it to NYC. After arriving at JFK on a red-eye flight from LA, I took a cab to my buddy Quinn's flat on the upper west side. I could only really stay there for a day or two max, so I had to find a place really fast.


Well luck was with me. I was able to arrange a month long sublet on a studio space in Brooklyn Heights. For those of you who do not know of Brooklyn Heights, it's a pretty amazing place. Great views, great shops, great people. Here is a shot of my building.



The white door below the sidewalk is my entrance, then I have to go up 5 flights of stairs (joy) to top of building. If nothing else, that should help me with the Goerlitz weigh off. For those who know me this needs no explanation, but for those who don't it's my own form of self-debasement.



Also, Brooklyn heights is the location of The Promenade. The Promenade is an amazing three quarter mile path that borders part of Brooklyn. What this means is that there are some pretty sick views of Manhattan from this location, and if you don't believe me, I am including a couple of shots which should prove my point.





Pretty amazing if I must say so. Unfortunately, this isn't meant to last. I need to find additional housing by the end of the month or I will be a homeless bum. AAhhh... Homeless.... How awesome.... No worries except death, hunger, and the occasional beating. Speaking of occasional beatings, I was walking in my area and noticed the following establishment....





Has somebody read my mind.... Large cupcakes (like Hostess used to make but oh so better), a sheet of large cupcakes, and they brought their friends....



No comments: